X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window lift bar cushion

What is the best way to install the replacement lift bar cushions? Is it possible w/o removing the glass and lift bar? Spent a couple hours trying reaching through the access holes in the door and can't seem to get it. If I have to remove the window, is there instructions available? My technical service manual is not real helpful

What specific part are you referring to?

Comment

The door window bottom support that lifts the window. I have new rubber that holds the glass. I think I will grind the spot welds on the window frame and pull everything out. Just didn't want to wipe out the paint.

Comment

You do need to remove the glass and lifter to install the rubber between the glass and lifter.

1. Remove Door Panel
        2. Loosen Lower Vent Window Bar by removing the bolts in the door panel area (you don't need to take out the top screws or bolts in the vent window)
        3. Remove the window stop (held in by 2 bolts)
        4. Remove the window lifter clip that holds the lifter to the regulator
        5. Lower the glass by hand, once it gets to the bottom there is enough give in the vent window track to work the window free of the side tracks
        6. Turn the window sideways and remove it through the top

Comment

Thanks Brent! I removed the entire windows assembly by cutting the welds. I replaced all the rubber and used Velcro on the center post guide. Thank God the passenger side doesn't need repair...

Comment

why cut the welds? Everything is easily accessed through the door panel and by loosening a few screws. No spot-weld cutting is required for any of it, and seems like it would be more work.

Comment

Driver side done, and your correct alot of extra work. Passenger side next up and will not be cutting welds on this side...
              thanks for your help Ryan!

Comment

Working...
              X