Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the process of rebuilding my QT right now, was the control diaph. new or used that you bought on ebay? I am glad to see your post I had the same questions when i was out testing mine I got the same results tires spin. I thought all four should spin. But I think mine has been stuck in the emergency drive position though and would not come out.

Comment

I found a guy who has a few new ones left, but wants 120 a piece.

Comment

all four tires do not spin when in emergency mode. Just one front an one back. The regular 4wd or full time 4wd as they call it is similiar but limited slip load share between one front tire an one rear.

120 for a new diaphram sounds expensive. I kept my old one an broke off the round part an my buddy is going to weld me a nut to the end . I drilled a hole in the nut and im going to make a cable pull lever because the vacuum stuff is a waste of time. The reason you dont get many replies on forumns is because its so talked about an universally known to be problematic (vacuum) I think people literally forget about it an never go into emergency drive ... While us newbies that just bought a jeep are interested to see if we can get it to work.
        Last edited by flboy0638; 03-03-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Well I found that bought 2 on ebay for 80 the guy had three left, but you are right I did read somewhere a guy fabricated an air actuated set up for his pretty good idea he had. I plan to do something similar but for now need to get it back on the road.

Comment

I think im going to just drive mine around in full time 4wd and not use the emergency drive. Hopefully your light will illuminate when you apply vacuum to your new diaphram. My light did not come on nor did the truck make a sound but the tires skipped on the pavement so I knew I was in emergency drive. Plus I found a wet hill an crawled up it till tires spun.

Im not even sure how I took it out of emergency drive other then I applied vacuum to the release hose an tires no longer skip. Never made it back to that hill, no rain lately

Comment

Like I said I think mine has been stuck in ED lol but after looking at my vacuum lines and learning taking out the TC and rebuilding tranny It makes good sense, guy who owned it di not have things hooked up right and he rebuild the tranny with blew up on me so hopefully once I get the TC parts and get it back together it should shift in out of ED fine I hope! Some new vacuum lines will help also. Where u located at?

Comment

im in tallahassee fl.... there is a dvd on sale on ebay for 30 dollars that gives you step by steps on how to rebuild a th400 transmission. Ive yet to find a dvd for the borg warner 1339 quadra trac transfer case. If you run accross some t hing let me know

Comment

We will be moving to Orlando sometime this year! Well I am rebuilding mine just go to order the PT kit in the next week or so waiting for the tax return! doesn't look to bad there are good diagrams in some of the forums here and or look up http://www.jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac/ I had a family member rebuild my 400 with a shift kit for about 350 dollars!

Comment

Working...
                  X