X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DANA 20 MOUNT DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT?

DOES THIS LOOK RIGHT? 72 WAGONEER. SEEMS LIKE IT SHOULD NOT BE OFF SET. IF YOU NOTICE THERE IS A FLAT METAL PLATE EXTENDING OFF TO THE LEFT FOR THE MOUNT TO WORK. I am talking about the mount to the adaptor plate. If the left mount bolt is out which is the way I found it when I first started working on the wag. the tcase tips to the right about a inch off the left side of the mount.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MONTANA MIKE; 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM.

nobody knows?

Comment

Can you take some better pics? I think that is the incorrect mount.

Comment

How is this picture? If not I will have to get it back in the garage and try for some differnt angles. Would it be the mount or the adaptor?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MONTANA MIKE; 01-26-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I bought a new mount it looks the same. I'm thinking the adaptor is wrong.

Comment

I think this was your original mount:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-1118.htm

This is also the correct mount for:

1963-1973 with 230 engine
            1963-1973 all engines with 4-speed transmission
            1963-1973 258 engine with automatic
            1963-1973 327 V8 with standard transmission
            Last edited by Brent; 01-28-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

So your saying the one in my picture is the wrong one and thats why the strap metal was added to make it fit? This does have a v8 / t400. which is not listed in the aplication. I guess my real ? is did jeep use that strap between the mount and adaptor to make it fit?

Looks like this one lists the 360 with auto. BJ's Off-Road: Transmission Mount Polyurethane 1963-1991
              Last edited by MONTANA MIKE; 01-28-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

looks to me like someone adapted that mount to work with your setup

Comment

well I'm going to replace the mount. So I will pull the cross member out and see what is going on with the mounting and if the new one fits with out the Mickey Mouse extra plate.

Comment

I pulled the cross member out and yes the steel plate was made by someone. It works so I reused the steel adapter plate with the new mount. The hole from the mount to the adator between the trans and tk. are not the same distance appart. So I would say the adapter plate between the tk and trans is not the right one. Cross member lines up with the mount hole in two differant locations. Probably broke the adaptor and replaced with what ever they could find. Put new bolts in and seams sercure.

Any ETA on the 4 inch lift order I made? Can't wait!

Comment

6-8 wks i believe

Comment

from when the order was put in? or from now? I'm just getting excited to get the next step done and then get tires.
                        Last edited by MONTANA MIKE; 02-28-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Brent has to charge the deposits, and I don't believe he has yet. Once he does that, it is around 6-8 weeks from that point.

Comment

Hope my tires hold out that long. Not much tread left and don't want to buy another set of 235s.

Comment

Are they making them yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X