X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Overhaul or Not???

My transmission guy has told me since the transmission has been off for so long due to the engine rebuild that the front pump needs to replaced (not pumping). So thats at $500. Shifted great earlier while it was driving. Should I overhaul? to be safe or is that necessary? Some professional opinions would be nice before I drop $1100.

Thanks,
    FSJ Kyle

$1100??????????????? i had mine completely rebuilt including the new converter for $650. i think i would look around. Or run! And when you find a shop that isn't trying to get rich on EVERY job. they can inspect it while they open it to do the front pump. let you know what the condition of your parts are. Then you can make a decision.

Comment

if he's removing it, rebuilding with new converter and reinstalling, that's about average ($1,100). If you remove it, as cheif1ton said, a bench build should be around $650 with a new converter.

Comment

Good point Ryan! i'm a do it yourselfer. never even considered the idea he might be driving it in. In that case 1100 pretty good

Comment

Working...
        X