X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfercase interchange?

I have a 78 jeep j10 turbo 400 with the quadratrac. Is there any other transfercase that I can swapout the quadratrac for that has the passenger side output for the front driveshaft?

nothing is a direct fit as the Th400 that was bolted to the QT has a QT specific 10-spline output shaft. Easiest swap is to get a TF727 auto from any 1980-1991 FSJ and get a CJ Dana 300 tcase and bolt them together (no adapters required, they bolt right together). The TF727 is a great transmission and you can get one for around $100-200. You can rebuilt it with Hemi Clutch Packs and it'll handle any power you ever throw at it. The Dana 300 is a cast iron transfer case that is gear driven, and again will handle anything you throw at it.

You'll spend a LOT more, and have more work / hassles trying to adapt the QT version Th400 to something else.

Comment

Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for! I have the TF727 in my 88 Grand Wagoneer and I love it, I feel it out performs the Turbo 400 immensely. So that is the swap I will make. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X