X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loosening front end up

I have the Bj's 6" lift on my 89 GW I am being told by a lot of people that removing a leaf from my springs will help me out a lot on how stiff and bouncy my front end is. Will this drop my front end or cause me to sag to badly?

each leaf isn't thick enough to have much drop or sag, but the problem is by doing this is voids the warranty, and it puts a lot more stress on the rest of the springs, causing them to wear faster. Did you follow our installation instructions here on the forum when installing the kit?

Comment

Yeah I followed everything step by step. The lift has been on my Jeep for about 4 or 5 years now and I is still so stiff that instead of ever smoothly going over rocks or bumps I bounce everywhere even at slow crawling speeds.

Comment

I have now sent an email in, I am really getting frustrated with this lift. The front leafs don't move at all even when jumping up and down on the front bumper.

Comment

Jeff, our offices are closed this week. A 6" lift isn't going to be as flexible as a lower-height lift, and they were designed to retain their arch for a long time. The best advice I can give is to take the truck out to a location with a good sized ditch, loading ramp, etc., disconnect the swaybar end links, and loosen the front suspension bolts slightly. Next, flex the front left and front right alternately, and do this multiple times. Then, tighten everything back up to factory specs and reconnect the sway bar end links. This should loosen up the front as much as it can be loosened.

Comment

Ok I am looking under the Jeep and the shackles are going back towards the back of the vehicle and getting pinned to the from. I have tried taking it apart and tried swinging the shackles out towards the bumper but then the spring is not reaching? Did I need to order different shackles with the lift?

Comment

Working...
            X