X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim Sizing Questions

I need some help in finding the right new shoes for my Wagoneer. I'm running 33x12.5 tires on 15 inch rims. Does anyone know what the factory back spacing was? I have 15x9 rims right now and the tires BARElY hit the springs, I just haven't adjusted my stops yet. But I was wondering if I canget away with 15x10 rims on a narrowtrack? If it helps to know, I have a 6 inch lift.

3-5/8" was factory b.s. You can run them on an NT, but most people increase the b.s. to 4-4.25" when going that wide.

Comment

Sooo if I remember correctly, increasing the backspacing brings the wheels out right? Not the other way around, I'm unsure of what I'm at right now witht he rims I got, but they are pretty close to the tie rod ends.

Comment

I must have been drinking when I typed that. The wider tire you go, the more you want your wheel spaced outwards, so that you have more room to clear the tie rods, and so you don't rub when turning (wider tires, if kept at the same backspacing, reduce your turning radius as the wider part makes contact on the frame / inner fenders sooner than skinnier tires). So, you would DECREASE the backspacing in order to push the wheels and tires out farther, not increase as I wrote above.

Comment

Ok That's what I though. Well I'll check around and see what I can find.

Comment

Working...
          X