X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOA spring options for 6 to 7" lift

I have a 79 Cherokee WT, and I'm considering a SOA. I was wondering what leaf springs (other than stock), people may be using to achieve 6 to 7 inches of lift. I'm planning to do the build with TT's full kit. So, I'm just wondering if there are some junkyard springs options out there for a SOA.

SOA with stock FSJ springs nets 6-7". Any lift spring would be higher than that, and you will want to consider wider axles over 6-7" of lift.

If you don't want to go SOA, we have 6" lift springs that are bolt on:
    http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-522.htm

Comment

My wording was incorrect on my first post. I meant to ask: What other leaf-springs (from different vehicles or maufacturers) have people used when installing a SOA. (ie. 63'' Chevy's..etc)

Comment

I did the GM 63" rear springs, they are about 2" over stock FSJ springs with the overload spring removed. If mounted in the factory location they will move the rear axle back about 5-6". I cut my rear fenders back (and up) severely for this, if you wanted to keep the wheel centered in the factory opening you would need to get real creative with the mounting location for the front of the springs and make the rear location match for the increased length.
        I matched the height for the front by simply swapping leaves around from different packs, Rancho 44044 springs for the front provide a good match for that height also.
        When considering any of this you need to look at spring center pin location and spring rate/capacity. Here's a pretty good chart that covers the majority of factory springs from different vehicles.
        http://littlekeylime.com/MrN/mrnimages/leaf_springs.png

Comment

That was a big help. And thank you for the info on the springs.

Comment

Working...
          X