X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1983 Jeep Wagoneer on 33s

Bjs 6 inch kit, Pro Comp Shocks, and some thrift 33x12.5 on some thrift 15x9s. Any questions on how much work goes into doing this let me know, I will tell all of you right now just buy new shackles right away because the bushings are the biggest pain. As for the bolt for the driver side rear spring... mine was a captive nut, so I slotted my skidplate (carefully of course), impacted it and when it got stuck in the bushing I used a brake flare tool and clamped it on the bolt and put a big pry bar on the back of that because of the location of the rocker panels.
    Attached Files

Looks good!

Comment

I have found that nothing is easy if it works good at the end.
      Glad to see a rig with the same rust patches as mine

Comment

Yea... lucky for me the rust is only surface... no holes

Comment

I am working towards what you did on your Jeep. I just cut out one rear fender wel today and will cut out the other one tommarow. Hope to put the new springs on layaway next month from bjs. I will order new shackles!
          Mine has some rust holes around the rear fender wells and pannel but it's gone now.

Comment

I'm still running the stock 3.31 gearsets with open diffs and I had it out cleaning up the trails... With snow on the ground I was still able to rip a 20-25 foot tree limb that was about 18 inches in diameter at the base out of the tree it broke off of and pull it out into the open another 10 yards before the limb snapped where the tow strap was. It was still green and weighed well close to 1500lbs. Definately go for it man the lift is great. When I got done working I got a chance to rip the trails and try to get the front to settle down. Just running the trails for a little while helped the front springs immensely.

Comment

Working...
            X