X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting my 63 J200 Truck.

Hey Everyone, Im new to the form and excited about my first Jeep project. A 63 Jeep J200 truck thats been in the family for 10+ yrs. It pretty well is ready for new everything, its just worn out! Im want to lift it 6" and run 36s. My J200 is factory SOA...so what is the best way to to achieve the 6" lift and 36s? I have a set of Dana 44/Dana 60 axles to swap in as well while Im installing the lift. Would it be wise to just go ahead and find a set of spring hangers from a 76 or newer jeep and just go with a 6" lift, or would the http://www.bjsoffroad.com/CartGenie/prod-888.htm with 2" block just be best? Im no hardcore trail rider or anything but we do go down to the lake while its drained and play in the soupy mud! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Wil.

Wil, I know we already covered this in email, but I'll leave the post up in case anyone else wants to chime in with what they did to convert over.

Comment

Thanks Ryan, Im just trying to get as many possibilities as i can. Im thinking the Hells Creek 4" springs and 2" blocks is the route Im going to have to go for now.

Comment

never EVER run blocks in the front!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
          never EVER run blocks in the front!
          If it was me I would never run blocks on anything. I don't like the idea or trust them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tailgunner View Post
            If it was me I would never run blocks on anything. I don't like the idea or trust them.
            Me neither, especially on old springs... which is why we don't even offer a lift kit with blocks.

Comment

I have not seen a problem with blocks in the rear. Even some of GM and Fords come from the factory with rear blocks. But yes I have always been told none on the front axle due to lateral force when turning.

Comment

we don't sell blocks, as we've both seen them fail on the trail (crack, then split, then slide off the axle). Could have easily killed someone. I know that a LOT of trucks are now running them on the road, but they are still dangerous.

Comment

And i think that might be the pro Ryan. on road trucks are just that. Our treks offroad puts a tremendous amount of extra stress on EVERYTHING, therefore causing things to fail. My rear lift springs came with wedges for pinion correction. Those even failed after just 2 runs.

Comment

Point taken My 71 J Truck with blocks did not do alot of off cantered trips, mostly streight up and down. Wish I still had that one.

Comment

does anyone know of a 6 in lift for the older trucks, i have a 71 J4000 and was going to go with the 4 in , but would like a bigger kit if one is available?

Comment

custom only, through someone like triangle spring, alcan or national.

Comment

Working...
                        X