Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what lift is the drop pitman arm required?

I recently tried to get the bjs 2" lift kit, but due to time constraints on my side (moving to Alaska) I found Rough country 3" lift the next best thing. I have read the pitman arm is not required for 2" lifts, but the 4"- 6" is. Am I still within the acceptable steering geometry or should I get the pitman arm. I plan to get the 1" body lift later since shipping is a lot cheaper than the lift kit.

we've found that about half the folks with the 4" need it, half don't. As such, we recommend it on all 4" and taller lifts that we sell just to be on the safe side (bumpsteer is NOT fun). Not sure about the 3" lifts, as we don't carry them.

Comment

Drop pitman Arm

What would the reverse be if I installed the pitman arm. Would there be binding or severe steering angles from being too low?

Comment

You should be ok putting it on the 3" lift kit. If you want, we can measure one up, I believe the drop is 2.5" on the pitman arm but we can double check that on Monday.

Also, the reason 1/2 of the people need the DPA on 4" lift kits is the Widetrack rigs seem to not require the DPA and the Narrowtrack rigs do require one.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the help!

Comment

Yeah, the drag link for a WT FSJ is longer than it is for a NT, so the angle is not as steep. I have run 4" kits on both. My NT rig was actually fine for the most part, I did get a bit of bump steer on really bad bumps.

You deffinately need one on either rig with 5+ inches of lift though.

Comment

Working...
            X