X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS gearbox input shaft size, '82 258

Hey, I have owed my '82 Wagoneer for 14 years (258, T176, NP208, D44/A20). I am just getting around to switching out the P/S steering gear box.

The input shaft on the P/S gearbox (that has been on the rig since I bought it) is 3/4", is this the stock size?

Or would it normally have a 13/16" input shaft?

Thanks

Input shaft being where the steering shaft fromt he steering wheel connects?

I would have to looka round for the exact size. But if it means anything, all boxes from 74-91 for Wagoneer/Cherokee/J10 are the same. The J20 did use a different box. But the mounts and input/output are the same. It just had larger internals.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
      Input shaft being where the steering shaft fromt he steering wheel connects?
      Yes, if I understand you correctly. The little splined stub shaft that sticks out of the gearbox pointed toward the driver.

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
      I would have to looka round for the exact size. But if it means anything, all boxes from 74-91 for Wagoneer/Cherokee/J10 are the same. The J20 did use a different box. But the mounts and input/output are the same. It just had larger internals.
      Thanks, I know my P/S gearboxes are within that age range so they must be the correct size.

Comment

Working...
      X