X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering box replacement

I have a 9 GW.Is there a factory steering box I could replace mine with,like from a Grand Cherokee or somethingthat has the same pitman arm spline and hose threads?Mine is loose and is popping when I turn the wheel.I have a 4" lift w/33" Thanks.I would like to get an agr box,but can't right now.

i have an 89 GW and just went to oreilly auto parts to get a replacement box as mine was leaking fluid.

Comment

Found the problem.It wasn't the steering box.I have a dropped pitman arm and it was loose. The nut was tight,but didn't have enough threads on the shaft to fully tighten it.P/A was rocking on the splines when i turned makeing the popping noise.

Comment

wow....good thing you caught that. Especially with a lift kit or a new-to-you vehicle, I always suggest checking every nut and bolt over a few nights to make sure it's as safe as it can be. I've bought vehicles before that had broken motor mounts, broken trans mounts, loose lugs, loose rag joints, etc. Never know what the tool before you did (or didn't do)

Comment

Working...
        X