X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhinolining interior

I'm looking at doing a roll-in coating(like rhinoliner) to the interior of my '88 GW.
    I did this on a truck I had, only in the bed of course.
    My issue is-how to keep the holes for the seat bolts, seatbelt bolts etc. from getting at filled with the gunk.
    The second part is, I'm not going to utilize the rear chrome trim pieces that screwed into the floor through the carpet. What is a good way to fill these permenently? I thought about putting the screws in part way and cutting off the heads flush. I don't really want the heads sticking up.

when I had Line-X spray mine, they used masking tape rolled up to look like an snow-cone cup, and they put that inside every hole. Then, when finished you can remove them and the threads are nice and clean.

For the holes, you can either weld them closed, cut off the screw heads and grind smooth with a flapper disc, use epoxy or bondo, etc.

Comment

interior lining

The local Rhinoliner shop told me they use the orange foam earplugs to fill the hole because they expand to fill the threads. I've got about a bazillion of them from work. Almost every day a pair come home in my pocket or still around my neck.

Comment

haha.....that's a KILLER idea! And much easier than the tape method. Plus, you can buy those earplugs online for hella cheap.

Comment

Working...
        X