X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roll bar

hi gang.. Hope I'm in the right spot. I'm looking to get BJ's interior rollbar for my 79 chero. Wondering if anyone has any pics of one installed. thanks

Here a couple dif shots.

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/forum/show...ight=roll+bars

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/forum/show...ight=roll+bars

Comment

sports bar

thanks much..exactly what I'm looking for and looks like a good fit as well.

Comment

Do you guys have an install sheet for this? Does it ship in 1 piece and go in from the rear or does it need assembly?

Thanks,
        Justin

Comment

Installation is incredibly simple: insert the main hoop from the rear (I removed the rear seat to make it easier). Then, insert the side bars until fully seated. Adjust so that the rear bar mounting plates are centered on the rear humps (or a little farther back if you want the bar farther back). Mark holes for drilling, and make sure nothing is on the other side of the floor BEFORE you drill. Next, drill the 16 mounting holes and insert the included hardware, and tighten. That's pretty much it.

It arrives in three packages that are either bound together or in a large box. The main hoop is wrapped separately, as are each of the side bars. There is a bag of hardware that will be taped to one of the bars.

Comment

Ok Ryan,

So just to clarify, the 3 bars are not attached to each other. They just stay together once attached to the Jeep. Right? Or do the bars also bolt together once assembled in place?

Thanks,
            Justin

Comment

the main hoop consists of the hoop, the feet and two sleeves, one for each horizontal bar that goes back to the wheel well. They are all welded to the main hoop. The rear horizontal bars that go to the wheel wells are separate, and they slide into the sleeves as a press-fit by hand (or coaxing with a rubber mallet as necessary). Once the main hoop is bolted to the floor and the horizontal rear bars are bolted to the wheel well, it won't be going anywhere.

Comment

Got it - thanks Ryan.

Justin

Comment

Working...
                X