X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about a 343

I know the 343 was made only a few years an parts might be hard to find. I have heard that these motor have some power and do not have oiling issues like the 360s have. I have a guy that has one rebuilt and is asking a fair price.

please give me your thoughts on a 343

My truck is a 74' J10 th400 with 258 straight 6

Will 343 bolt right up to transmission?

one document on 360 oiling issues

http://www.amcramblermarlin.1colony.com/photo2_1.html

Comment

will the 343 bolt up to th400 tranny without any kind of adapter ect

Comment

I've never heard of anyone using a 343 in an FSJ, and have no idea if it will bolt up. Why not rebuild the 360 to eliminate the oiling issues instead?

Comment

The guy with the 343 is not getting back with me. He might have sold it. Eveyting happens for a reason I guess. Now a guy responded to my craigslist ad an has a AMC 401 out of a 1978 wagoneer. That will bolt right up no question. He also has a alternator, balancer, power steering pump. pulleys, flewplate, motor mounts ...everything but a carb for 1100

he says its never been bored over

what ya think about that hefty price?

Note: he says he has a 360 out of a matador too for cheaper but unsure on year of matador
          Last edited by flboy0638; 03-27-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

for a 401 that is all inclusive and hasn't been bored, not a bad price from what I've seen. About 8 years ago I bought a 401 that was just a long-block from a matador for $500, and it had been sitting outside uncovered for 10+ years. If the 401 is in good shape, I'd say its a fair price.

Comment

Working...
            X