X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Street Demon Carb, GREAT Alternative for Jeeps

Lazyguy and I decided to give this carb a shot, so he ordered one when they came out. He got the model with the polymer body. I did the installation and we tuned it together. We put it on his stock '79 Wagoneer limited, 3.54s and a quadratrac. This carb is very easy to setup. We placed the demon on top of a performer manifold. Without any adjustments made, we had 18 inches of vaccum and an idle that was only off by about 100rpms. The secondaries are huge in this carb because they are combined as one and when thy kick in, you know it. They call it the goggle valve. This carb made a vast improvement to the stock wagoneer, and I am very happy with it. The adaptability of this carb is amazing with two sets of holes drilled this carb is capable of being mounted on a square or spread bore without the use of an adaptor plate! I didn't know who to contact really but I thought I'd like to inform everyone. I haven't seen much of these going on the Jeeps. I think BJs should offer these carbs as an alternative to the edlebrocks. New Street Demon>Edelbrock 1406. Check out the link below for more information.
    http://www.demoncarbs.com/1901.asp

we will check with our suppliers this week to see if it is something we can carry.

Comment

Do you have any pictures you can share of this installation? Did this need a new manifold?

Do you have any information on the 2-V application from demon?

Comment

Originally posted by BossVP View Post
        Do you have any pictures you can share of this installation? Did this need a new manifold?

Do you have any information on the 2-V application from demon?

This weekend we will be at a trade show and will talk to the reps at Demon to see if the 2 barrel carb is a good replacement and will talk more about the carbs they offer to see what would work best for our beloved FSJ's

Comment

I didn't actually size the demon up to the stock manifold. I probably should. I haven't heard anything about their 2v carb, but I always thought why stick that when you can go bigger? You don't need the edelbrock, infact the truck avenger with an adapter plate performs very well on a stock 4v manifold. I am very sorry as I have no pictures during the install. I will try to get lazyguy to post some pictures on here for all of you to see.

Comment

Working...
          X