X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Fuel Pump

I'm looking for advice / experience from anyone that has converted from a mechanical to an electric fuel pump. I'm running the MSD Atomic EFI setup on my '91 GW. My setup is using the returnless style in line electric fuel pump. I've had a number of vapor lock, hot start, and lean conditions as a result of what I'm sure is fuel starvation. Anyway, I feel certain that switching to an in tank setup is the route to go. Anyone on here installed an in tank setup on a Grand Wagoneer?

Cameron

I just converted to efi with a powerjection iii kit. My electric pump is mounted to the rear cross member behind the gas tank and my fuel lines are run up the passenger side and up the rear of the engine. Haven't had a vapor lock issue yet. Used mostly 3/8" fuel injection rated line and some 3/8" aluminum hard line.

Comment

my '84 Grand Wagoneer was converted to an electric pump by one of the previous owners. Only downside is the noise from this specific pump is VERY loud, both inside and outside the truck. An in-tank pump would be much quieter I would think

Comment

Working...
      X