X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carb and Emissions Concerns

There are various threads on the forum on this topic but I can't pinpoint an answer to this specific question. If I go with the Edelbrock Carb & Intake, will I be able to plug up the necessary Smog components and pass emissions. In Georgia, the emission techs do not perform an under the hood inspection. Primarily, it's the tailpipe, gas cap, emu port plug details to be concerned with.

If I can install the carb/intake combo, plug certain vacuum lines and enable others and then pass the test, then I'm good. Just looking for anyone with experience in this and any tips would be appreciated.

my GW is an 89 and in GA, one more year (25), i can remove all of the smog control for good.

Viva Carburetor fuel systems.

Seems like the equipment w/ EGR will meet my requirements. Not confirmed, just an uninformed assessment.

Comment

You can install the intake / carb and then plug up what you don't need since GA only does sniffer (I live in Ga and have done that on a few rigs). But I would suggest keeping the EGR as it does run a little better and has lower emissions with a good working one.

Comment

Seems the way to go. Obviously, there are other gains w/the edelbrock setup so only good things to look forward to. Looking forward to when the linkage will be available.

Comment

Working...
        X