Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing about the Edelbrock heads is that they have a 'modern style' combustion chamber which allows for a faster burn which equates to more power.

Comment

I put on a edelbrock performer intake and 600cfm edelbrock 4 barrel carb and rebuilt it with larger jets to make it a 650cfm and it works well, very well. I also installed a cam and lifter set and she screams even with all the emissions crap and it still looks stock! You can't beat a carbeurator especially when all 4 barrels open up!

Comment

CAM questions

Ok I've ordered everything but the new cam shaft and lifters..... Everyone so far has recommended the Summit K8600 but I'm a little confused about one point. The K8600 has a .472/.496 lift, and it was recommended that I get a 0.30 so a little confused on this.

Comment

Ryan was talking about the cylinder bore when he said 0.30.

Comment

Intake/carb combo question

I got an Edelbrock performer intake and I am not sure what carb to run with it. I have the 360 engine. Is a 600 CFM carb the best choice? Will I need to go bigger if I get a cam or could I just put in some bigger jets?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Comment

500 or 600 is well suited for the 360. I would go with the 600 since you plan on putting a bigger cam in it.

Comment

performer intake and carb

I got a new edelbrock intake and used 1406 carb. The carb came off a running motor and doesn't need to be rebuilt. I know I need the throttle linkage relocation bracket (going to make that myself). But I have a couple of questions.
                1) Is there anything else I need? I have the oil filler tube, valley pan/head gasket, carb gasket, studs for the carb, and thermostat gasket.
                2) Do I need any type of adapter?
                3) Should I get a spacer?
                4) Will the stock air cleaner work with this combination?

Comment

Working...
                X