X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Door Locks

I have an 84' GDub that i'm in the process of bringing back to life. Long story short my power door locks dont work properly. The passenger side switch will unlock the front passenger door, but will not lock it. The drivers side switch does absolutely nothing. Anyone know a good place to start on where to fix this? Any help would be appreciated. I want to bring the old girl back to her former glory!

check power at the switch. Some folks also install relays which seems to help out a ton.

Comment

I will check for this tonight and post my findings... thank you

Comment

Usually if you take the switches out and pull them apart and clean them, they work a BUNCH better.

Comment

All of the switches go up and down smoothly. I discovered that the drivers side door lock switch is completely bad.

I swapped the wires from one of the window switches and tested in and thats currently how I have it setup. The first night I swapped the wires all of the door locks worked off the switch, the 2nd night only the two front doors would work. Now the switch only unlocks the drivers side door.... I have not troubleshot the passenger side yet.

My question to anyone who can answer would be that I have found a set of fully functional switches off of an 86 wagoneer. The fronts are identical, but the back where the wires connect are different. It is possible to use these switches on an 84?

Comment

Working...
          X