X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80 J-10 Fuel Gauge/Panel Electrical Question

1. Does the '80 J-10 have a circuit board as the mean of current path for the gauges on the instrument panel (sorry, just bought the Jeep a few weeks ago and haven't taken it apart yet)?

2. How can I check the to see if the fuel sender is working (put my OHM meter on panel leads, or is there an easier way/turn key on and put the ohm leads on the sender it self)?

3. Is there a replacement fuel gauge that works for this year?

4. How reliable are the fuel senders you sell for this year, AND, who are they made by?

5. Do you have a fuel sender in stock for this year?

Thanks,
    Jim

1. Yes, there is a circuit board on the back of the gauge panel.

2. Putting your OHM meter on the leads of the sending unit is a fine way to check the sender. You can also put the OHM meter on the leads in the dash and double check them there as this will tell you if your wiring is bad.

3. Yes: http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-479.htm

4. We have had zero issues with them, in fact I don't recall ever having to warranty one that was DOA. They are made for us so our brand and carry a 12 month warranty.

5. In stock: http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-1244.htm

The sender includes a new o-ring and filter sock.

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a part number with out the sock, but with the "O" ring?

The tank has sat for a long time and I'm sure I will not get it 100% clean so I am going to install a clear in-line filter before the pump and just have a rubber fuel hose on the end of the sender.

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

No, they are all sold with the sock, since you have a plastic tank you shouldn't have to worry about any sediment in the bottom of the tank anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X