X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Sender Dilemma!

So after messing with a bunch of imported repo junk, I have a fuel gauge working. First I bought a Omix sender, It did not fit without some grinding and then the rubber cap was too small. The rep said they sold 400 of these last year and not one complaint. Jeep people are a stoic or rich bunch. Got the refund.

Got a Spectre unit, double the price, same poor quality material. But...it fit with a lot of coaxing and the loss of a float into the tank...can't fish it, either. I had 6 gallons of fuel in there and it read empty. Another remove/ replace job. took the gauge cluster out...everything checked out. Filled the tank to the neck and she reads 3/4.

I am thinking of bending the stops on the float arm at the sender device a little to allow the float to rise more, and maybe the other side to let it sink more!! Has anyone done this or had a similar experience?? If you have done it how much did you have to bend it, mine are straight now.

Flashlight
    Last edited by svining; 10-01-2011, 01:49 AM. Reason: add

that is actually common, even with the original OEM Jeep units. Sometimes the arms have to be bent up or down a little at a time until you get it dialed in.

Comment

Thanks Ryan,
      I am now reading 1/8 tank and have over 6" fuel in the tank. I called the vendor and Spectre does not make a sender for FSJ GW. They are refunding me for this unit. Ebay software apparetly mis-labeled this part as compatible (their story)

I sent an order to BJ's for the sender. I looked it up and could not find it originally with the search part mode. Don't know if i confused the search or what....it does come up now on your catalog.

Thanks....here I go again X3...This time I only have four screws to remove and not grind rivets. Not putting the back seat in again until i have an accurate gauge.

Comment

Working...
      X