X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel sending unit issues

Hello all, im having some issues and need some help from seasoned jeep peeps. So to start; the fuel gauge wasnt working, so after some gauge testing i decided to drop the tank. Tested the sending unit. Ive been reading haynes and chiltons and they say the resistance should be @ 110 full and 1 empty. I tested mine and aside from looking different than others for sale it tested @ 16 full and 74 empty. So i ordered a new one; got it today and tested it, came out to 76 full and 11 empty. My cherokee is a 78 chief and i cant figure out why neither are giving me the readings i've read about, so..... whats up?

Oh and on a related issue the gauge circuit board is shot, but the resistance is my main concern at the moment.
    thanks for any help you all wanna lend

73 empty, 10 full. They were the same from 1963-1985

Comment

Yeah, throw that Haynes manual in the garbage, Ryan is correct, the OHM reading should be about 73 empty and about 10 full.

Sounds like you have an issue in your circuit board or possibly the gauge on the dash.

Comment

Thanks guys, so from what im hearing the old one worked fine, the new one is reading in reverse, and haynes sucks. I knew the circuit board was bad, thankfully i can bypass the power supply to the gauge for testing. So now i just have to ask if the new sending unit is indeed reading backward how do i go about returning it, it is from bj's (like i go anywhere else, lol.)

thanks again guys

Comment

OMG....I just ordered one!! I didn't get the IFSJA Discount either!!!

Comment

Working...
          X