X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor

I want to upgrade my distributer to a heI but what wires do have to hook up. the wires that come from the wire harness where do they go?If somebody could lead me in the right direction I would appreciate it.thanks and Its for a 1986 grand wagoneer.

distributor

The HEI dist only needs 1 12v wire switched with the ignition switch so you can shut the engine off.
    engine builder

Comment

distributor

where would be the best spot to pick up the lead for 12v the starter relay?

Comment

Distributor

I know I can get rid of the ignition module for the hei ignition and I need to find 12v ignition wire but my question is what do I do with the starter relay? do I run every thing off of that? please shed some light thanks.

Comment

The starter realy doesn't move, you use either a red or yellow 12 gauge wire that comes off of your ignition module and you should be good to go.

Thanks!

Comment

also make sure to use wire loom or heat resistant insulation, as the exhaust heat can eventually cause problems to that wire.

Comment

Testing a HEI coil?

Have been having Hei problems tried to find the post where someone had the ohms on what a good coil should have, can't find it now.
              If someone has this,can you pass it on.
              thanks

Comment

This should be all you need:

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/84ca...coil/coil2.htm

Comment

Working...
                X