X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Shroud

I have your aluminum radiator in my waggy. The factory shroud wouldn't fit, so I left the shroud off.

In this post:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/forum/show...41&postcount=3

You said you would have a fan shroud to fit the aluminum radiator.

Is this available yet? I REALLY need to get a shroud on my waggy cause it's starting to warm up here in colorado and I'm running a 401 that is bored .060 over

This link is at the top of this cooling forum:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2424

This explains the shroud kit and has links. Thanks!

Comment

I don't want the electric fan.

I wish to use my factory fan and your aluminum radiator and (hopefully) your fan shroud.

Do you have a link for just the fan shroud? How much?

Comment

We are making a new shroud kit that will be for those that want to use our Crossover fan but retain their stock clutch fan. Those hopefully will be available soon after we make the prototype and test fit it.

Comment

Any update on the shroud? I really really need something!

Comment

not yet. I'm taking some measurements this weekend to see what will fit and how we need to modify the shroud.

Comment

I got a stock fan shroud for a stock radiator from bj's and it doesn't fit, just so you know!

Comment

You have to modify it to fit on the alum radiator quite a bit but in a pinch they work.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  We are making a new shroud kit that will be for those that want to use our Crossover fan but retain their stock clutch fan. Those hopefully will be available soon after we make the prototype and test fit it.

Do you have this yet?

I am leaving from colorado to wyoming on thursday of next week in a SOA waggy amc 401 and no shroud pulling dirk bikes.

I could REALLY REALLY use SOME kind of shroud...

Comment

it'll probably be a few months once we have the first prototype made. Unfortunately we don't rush into the R&D, as it's important to us that it fits and we test it on a variety of set-ups to make sure there aren't any problems.

Comment

If you have a fabricator close to you, I could just sell you the electric fan shroud and you could have them put a piece on it for your stock fan if you are in a hurry.... It would be that hard...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        If you have a fabricator close to you, I could just sell you the electric fan shroud and you could have them put a piece on it for your stock fan if you are in a hurry.... It would be that hard...

Thanks!

how much?

Comment

Mr. Gasket has some universal shouds. PT# 9864 is 3" wide and PT# 9865 is 5.5" wide. i had one on my 69 firebird, they look good and work well. They are very flexable so you cahnge the diameter of the opening quite a bit. this picture looks like it is strecheted out pretty far.

Comment

Did you ever get a working prototype of the fan shroud that fits a gen 2 radiator with the stock fan?

Comment

Working...
                            X