X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cooling Fan

The new cooling fan looks cool no joke. I Just ordered a Crossflow Radiator and wanted to know if it will have threaded corners to mount this unit. Also what will have to be done to connect the fan with the 3/8 NTP controller.

Thanks
    Mitch

If you just ordered a radiator, yes, it will have the threaded corners. We have been putting the threads in them in anticipation of this for about a year but it took quite awhile to find a fan that had enough CFM for a V8, was thin enough to fit and met our standards (we do not sell parts that we wouldn't use on our own personal rigs).

If you have an extra 3/8 NTP spot in your intake manifold, that would be the ideal place to put that. If you don't have an extra spot, you would need the radiator fin probe unit.

Comment

My 89' GW is stock so I don't have an available NTP spot, what is involved with the radiator probe installation. Also, is the wiring plug and play for the electrically challenged like me?

Comment

Even on a stock manifold, you should have a spare port. The radiator probe is easy, you just put the probe in the fins of the radiator and adjust the fan set speed (yes, it is adjustable) and you are good to go.

The instructions make this easy. The fan is dual speed and the wiring is for a dual fan, so you plug one wire to the relay, the other to the relay, the black to ground (all on the fan), then you put power, ground and key on power to the relay and you are done. Pretty easy.

Comment

Thanks Brent...

....I'll be ordering one once I get through my other projects (valve cover gaskets, rebuild steering box, new PS pump, rear window repair and fixing my door locks). Then its onto new edel shorty headers, the fan, HEI, ugraded alternator, 2" lift springs and new tires....going to be a busy summer.

Comment

Just installed the fan unit and got it wired up. Cools the motor nicely. I would recommend this to anyone with the aluminum radiator. The fit is very tight so I would suggest putting new belts on if you need them before the install. The fan sits so close to the water pump pulley that you probably can’t fit the belts between. This is a first class upgrade I just wanted to thank BJ’s for coming up with it.

Mitch

Comment

New Electric Derale Cooling Fan

I will agree with Mudd27 on how cool this Derale electric fan and shroud looks on BJ's aluminum croosflow rad. and it really works great! Thanks to Brent and team for waiting and testing for the right heavy duty 2400 cfm fan. I opted for the 3/8 NPT sensor and removed the factory 3/8 NPT CTO vac. sw. on my Edlebrock manifold and replaced it with the new Derale temp. sensor. I ended up with a good inch clearance between the fan motor and the water pump shaft tip, plenty of room to change a belt. Got it all wired up with a connection to the a/c wiring so the fan comes on and stays on with a/c. The temp. adj for the fan turn "on" was a piece of cake and now my cooling system is ready for the 115 deg. Phoenix summer as my temp. gauge stays way down just above the "C" on the gauge now. Well worth the $644 for both.

Comment

Working...
              X