X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Digital Dashes for 74-85 and 86-91

We finally got the prototypes back on the Dakota Digital Dashes for the later FSJ's (the 1963-1973 have been for sale on our site for awhile now). Here are the preliminary pictures. We should have these in stock ready to sell in 2-3 weeks.

On this dash, the panel will work with and without the factory clear lenses so if yours is missing those or you want to remove them you can and it will work either way. I think that it looks much better without them myself. I don't know if you can tell on the picture but the left spot does not have the factory lens and the 2 right spots do.

On the 86-91 dash, again, it can be used with and without the factory lens (looks WAY better without). The only piece that we couldn't get crammed in there was a clock. I know this panel had a clock in it from the factory but with most aftermarket stereos they usually have a clock built into them also:

These will work with all the factory fuel sending units and all aftermarket sending units if you happen to have a different one. The dashboards have the turn signals, check engine light, brake light, etc, etc built into them. They digital panels also will start to blink if something (like oil pressure) is low.

I will post in a week or two when we add them to the website for sale.

Thanks!

sweet. putting one on my birthday, christmas list, wish list ect...

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
      Looks like you're going a bit fast there

So how will these mate up to the ZM harnesses? I'm sure that's taken into consideration. On my 78 I know I'd have to make a few adjustments to the harness anyways, but just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelHorse
        Looks like you're going a bit fast there

So how will these mate up to the ZM harnesses? I'm sure that's taken into consideration. On my 78 I know I'd have to make a few adjustments to the harness anyways, but just curious.
        These will require modifications to the wiring but it isn't bad. Dakota Digital provides a box and this box has places to put wires. They are all labeled and marked very well, you would just take your original water temperature wire and terminate it on the box, then your fuel sender wire and terminate it on the box, turn signals, etc, etc. Then your dash is prewired with a plug and all you do then is plug the dash into the box and you are done.

Thanks!

Comment

Brent, what's the price on these?

Comment

can you program you mileage into these or does it just start over?

Comment

You can't adjust it on your end, but for a $20 or so fee, they will program whatever mileage you want at the factory.

Comment

will you have to do special wiring for the tac to work??

Comment

Working...
                X