Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan or Brent A question on Vent Window?

Ryan or Brent is it possible and would it be too expensive to make a vent window delete kit. Replacing the two pieces (window glass and vent window assembly) with one piece of glass. This would be awsome as. Mine leaks like a sive and there is a lack of parts to fix them.

Originally posted by iqsr
    Ryan or Brent is it possible and would it be too expensive to make a vent window delete kit. Replacing the two pieces (window glass and vent window assembly) with one piece of glass. This would be awsome as. Mine leaks like a sive and there is a lack of parts to fix them.
    bj's now has vent window seal kits

Comment

I really don't want to replace the seals I rather get rid of the wing window.

Comment

REAL TRUCKS HAVE WING WINDOWS!

Comment

No MRTAZ, real trucks have wing windows that leak. Which is fine as long as you remember your swim trunks. People look at you funny when you pull up and get out your wag and only have on your underwear.

Comment

We looked into this at one time but it was very expensive to do so and you would have to cut a support out of the door which I don't think is safe and would probably make the door rattle like a SOB.

I looked at my 1971 Chev Truck to compare and the door support is in much closer to the front of the door which allows the kit to work unlike the FSJ doors.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by iqsr
              No MRTAZ, real trucks have wing windows that leak. Which is fine as long as you remember your swim trunks. People look at you funny when you pull up and get out your wag and only have on your underwear.
              none of mine have leaked guess i'm lucky after20 years of driving

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                We looked into this at one time but it was very expensive to do so and you would have to cut a support out of the door which I don't think is safe and would probably make the door rattle like a SOB.

I looked at my 1971 Chev Truck to compare and the door support is in much closer to the front of the door which allows the kit to work unlike the FSJ doors.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer Brent. I guess I wil be buying the seal kit when it is available.

Comment

How about some weatherstriping for the rear vent window on the Cherokees? Or, have I just been unable to locate it and it already exists?

Comment

doesn't currently exist. On our "to do" list.

Comment

Working...
                    X