X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gas tank

Any word yet on the 2nd tank in the spare tire position?

Yes, we will have it available for sale within a month.

Here are the details:

It will be available in Steel, Aluminum or Stainless Steel.

It will be fully baffled (no more running out of fuel while going downhill and hitting your brakes!).

It will be available with a pump that is setup for fuel injection.

It will have a sending unit.

It will be around 27 gallons and be a standalone tank, you remove your old tank.

It will have access to run true dual exhaust!

Comment

Do you have a link for this tank?

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-1097.htm

Comment

2nd tank for J truck

do you have one for the J truck ?

Comment

no, but it will be in the works as soon as we buy a company j-truck (along with a crawler rear bumper)!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
              no, but it will be in the works as soon as we buy a company j-truck (along with a crawler rear bumper)!
              Can't wait to see.

Comment

I have a 78 Cherokee and want to put a tank in where the spare goes, I noticed though that they are only for 79 and up. Will they not work in a 78?

Comment

we have 79 and later as 78 and earlier had a different fuel hose size, and we haven't had a vehicle to test them on. If you want to order one and test fit, the frame mounts should all be the same on the wagons.

Comment

So your saying the opening to the tank is different? Mounting to frame is the same I figured, but as far as the opening for the fuel hose would that need to be cut out then or would I have to figure out how to mount the hose to the tank? I need new exhaust and want to go with true duals!

Comment

It is the inlet and inlet vent hose diameter that is different. it is possible to change out to the later style fuel fill and vent hoses, but without testing, we can't guarantee it would all fit perfectly the first time around.

Comment

Ok, I see, Well as soon as get it my PT kit ordered and installed and it running the tank project is next so I can do the exhaust. Got to save a few pennies
                        Also was wondering if the headers kit you guys sell will clear the stock stater or do I need a different starter? Trying to plan everything out! Thanks
                        Last edited by bullzeyee; 03-05-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

yes, our headers clear the stock starter

Comment

Working...
                          X