X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any update on the aux fuel tank?

Any updates on the aux fuel tank for the spare tire area?

Wes

We should have something for sale in the next couple of months.

We had supplier issues. The original place we had building them doubled their price after we got it just about right and I know that nobody would pay $2000 for a fuel tank.

The next issue we ran into was a lot of shops that stopped building fuel tanks due to liability and insurance coverage.

We have now found a company and Ryan is testing the fitment of the first tank now and they are reworking a couple of things and he should have tank #2 in about a week.

Thanks!

Comment

See here:

http://www.bjsoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3239

Comment

See Where?? Does not link to nowhere:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Comment

Originally posted by JAMANT View Post
          See Where?? Does not link to nowhere:

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
          Works for me.

If it doesn't click on Coming Soon Products and click on the post titled:

2nd gas tank
          Last edited by Brent; 02-12-2010, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
            Works for me.

If it doesn't click on Coming Soon Products and click on the post titled:

Moderated: 2nd gas tank
            Well, it doesnīt work for me, and canīt figure it out, what or where is that post titled: "2nd gas tank"?? Canīt find it on the Coming Soon Products!!

Comment

Worked for me as well. Clear your history / cookies, then click this link:

Here is what Brent posted on that thread:
              Yes, we will have it available for sale within a month.

Here are the details:

It will be available in Steel, Aluminum or Stainless Steel.

It will be fully baffled (no more running out of fuel while going downhill and hitting your brakes!).

It will be available with a pump that is setup for fuel injection.

It will have a sending unit.

It will be around 27 gallons and be a standalone tank, you remove your old tank.

It will have access to run true dual exhaust!

Comment

link doesnt work for me either. No 2nd gas tank in coming soon!

Comment

Update: I dropped the tank back off with the builder yesterday for the final revisions. We should have it back early next week, and we'll be ready to start taking orders. If you have any questions about the tanks, post up

Comment

Originally posted by chief1ton View Post
                    link doesnt work for me either. No 2nd gas tank in coming soon!
                    Evidently the thread needed to be moderated (we don't require moderation on any posts so I am not sure why this was). It is fixed and the thread is there and the link works:

Only admins could see it which is why it didn't work.

Thanks!

Comment

brent and ryan, call aerotanks.com

I have had their 40 gallon in for a while and it fit like a glove. The only hard thing was finding new fuel hoses...

JB

Comment

Originally posted by bg2pres View Post
                        brent and ryan, call aerotanks.com

I have had their 40 gallon in for a while and it fit like a glove. The only hard thing was finding new fuel hoses...

JB
                        Tried them, it fit OK (Ryan sent them a sheet of changes to make it right) plus it hangs too low and doesn't allow for dual exhaust.

Also, it isn't baffled and as of last check, they couldn't do an in-tank pump for fuel injection.

Comment

Working...
                        X