X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body lift questions

Ok so I've got a 1980 cherokee with 33 12.50s on it with no life they only rub over really big potholes or when I climb it over rocks. What I want to know is will a 3'' body life fix that and if so how difficult is it to put on I've never done any kind of lift before and have limited experience doing automotive work. Know that would y'all say i could still do it on my own in a weekend I do have access to a shop with lifts and tools.

is it an auto or stick shift transmission?

Comment

lift

its a Auto Trans

Comment

then it shouldn't be too hard don't do anything bigger than three inches. the mount bolts my be hard to get so spend some days and use some penetrating oil on the bolts to help with the body lift.

Comment

Yes, the hardest part of a body lift is getting the old hardware off. With 3" you have to extend the auto trans linkage (there is a piece included in our kit).

Once you get the old hardware out, then you just jack up one side at a time (or the whole body if you have access to a lift) put the pucks in -- new body mounts are a good idea -- tighten everything up and you're done.

Comment

Working...
          X