X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J200 serial number

I have a J200 and i am in the middle of trying to get a new title i cant find anywhere online that will show me how to decifer what exactly the year is. Can anyone help me with that?

PM me the serial number and I will see what I can do.

Comment

You can also look here as well:
      http://www.ifsja.org/tech/figures/index.html

Comment

Ryan, i have seen that list before but it doesnt break things down and tell you the year. Was the year on a different body plate?

Comment

I see what you are looking for. The vin style that clearly spelled out the date wasn't until later on FSJ's. I know that they stamped the VIN into the chassis in two places (passenger top frame, in front of front axle; and rear outside face of drivers frame, behind rear axle), but I don't know if those were also stamped on the earlier years or just the later ones.

There should be a VIN plate on the door or door frame, by the hinges. Short of that, there should be a build date code on the engine on a tag somewhere; you could use that to get it decoded, but would probably have to check a willys site.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
            I see what you are looking for. The vin style that clearly spelled out the date wasn't until later on FSJ's. I know that they stamped the VIN into the chassis in two places (passenger top frame, in front of front axle; and rear outside face of drivers frame, behind rear axle), but I don't know if those were also stamped on the earlier years or just the later ones.

There should be a VIN plate on the door or door frame, by the hinges. Short of that, there should be a build date code on the engine on a tag somewhere; you could use that to get it decoded, but would probably have to check a willys site.
            It does give a broad year. For example:

1962-1964 VIN serial number starts at 10,000 and goes to 50,000

so if your last 5 digits are 10,100 you can safely assume it is a 1962 beyond that, it is a guessing game but I decoded his vin and we know it is a 1962-1964, with his serial number ~15,000, I am guessing 1963

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! I will try to do more research and try to find a list of how many trucks were produced each year. If i find that i will post it o nhere so others can precisely break their serial numbers as well.

Comment

Working...
              X