X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 j10 tailgate release handle

hi, i am new to the j10s and really like the one my wifes father left her. it has been sitting in shed for over 2 years. I could not believe how it drives. this is one bad truck. now the tailgate release handle is broken and if anyone could tell me where i might locate one and which other ones will fit i would sure appreciate it, thanks j10rick

Used is your only current option. Check with the following places, as they are Full Size Jeep yards:

Jake at Jakes Full Size Jeep Junkyard
    Burnsville NC 28714
    828-675-0579 (no website yet)

Neil at www.jwjeep.com

George at www.montanaoverland.com

Comment

tailgate release handle

hey ryan, i talked to jakes and he told me he did not have one but call him back if i could not find one. he said a right hand door hanle of pace, gremilin,etc was the same thing. know where i can find them at. thanks alot j10 rick

Comment

Originally posted by j10 rick View Post
        hey ryan, i talked to jakes and he told me he did not have one but call him back if i could not find one. he said a right hand door hanle of pace, gremilin,etc was the same thing. know where i can find them at. thanks alot j10 rick
        Is it looking like this: http://www.jamant.fi/ovenkahva-amcj3631163-p-642.html

I have one new one!!

Comment

tailgate release handle

no it not like that one. this one had 4 screw hole on front. thank you for checking with me.

Comment

Rick - It sounds like you need the mounting plate AND the door handle.
            The chrome door handle assembly is part of what you need.

Comment

tailgate release handle

you are right. also the pacers and gremlins i was talking about were crushed this past summer. so i am back to square one. thanks for the picture j10 rick

Comment

Not only is a Gremlin or Hornet handle 'missing' the external 4 holes, the handle is physically a smaller size than used on the J truck tailgate. The internal linkage rods sometimes failed and up until about 5 years ago, Jeep/Chrysler still had some stock of the internal rod from handle to latch pin (but only one side) still available....can't remember which side.

Comment

Working...
                X