X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle Wrap

Need Assistance. My 87 GW with 4.88 gears has a bad case of axle wrap. Looking for suggestions as to correct the problem. I currently have a M.O.R.E axle wrap bar for a YJ and was wondering if that would work. Open to ideas.
    This GW has the Skyjacker 4" lift SOA.

Thanks

As long as you can build a mounting point for it from the frame (preferably a crossmember) then it will help. I'm just not too sure it the geometry of it for a YJ/CJ is the same as a FJS.

Comment

plus the YJ is about 1/2 the weight of an FSJ, so it might not be sized properly. One of the rigs I used to own had built D60's, and they made an axle wrap bar truss system out of 1.5" DOM that was .120 wall

Comment

I have the exact same basic setup. but little to no axle wrap at all. when i built my axles, i used oversized spring perches. and heavy duty ubolts. 9/16 or 5/8 don't remember. when i first built it. Between my tiny stock perches, and the weak factory ubolts. i had tons of wrap. I got the perches and ubolts through a 4x4 fab parts place. But i would imagine BJs could order you the same parts.

Comment

Working...
        X