X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 gw axel swap

Hello I'm looking to put different axels under my wagon and have been reading on the forums about Dana 60s and how they r an identical swap in front but in the rear I have to inboard or something could someone please explain excatly what that is and what year excatly vehicles I will need . I work in a salvage yard so getting what I need should be that hard thank u

For the front you'll want a 78/79 high pinion ford D60 front axle. The spring serch width should be pretty close to what you have now.

As for the rear, inboarding the springs mean to move them under the frame rails. I believe (but may be wrong) you'll want to look for a pre-93 Dodge D60 rear axle as they had narrow frame already.

Comment

To inboard the springs is to put them under the frame, as apposed to where they are now. outside the frame. however that isn't necessary to put dif axles under it. what you will have to do is cut the spring perches off the new axle, and weld on new ones in the proper location to match your springs. to my knowledge there is no axle that will bolt up to the rear without doing that.

Comment

Working...
      X