X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 to 6-lug?

Hi, wondering if it would be possible to convert a 8-lug J-20 to 6-lug? I have pro comp 6 lug wheels that would look awesome on a J-20 im thinking of getting.

thanks

I know that on the front's you can swap out the spindle and rotor / caliper depending on year, but not sure about the rear.

Comment

Ryan is correct about the front. The caliper brakets are different so you'll be able to clear 15" wheels on a 3/4 ton front D44. The rear D60, you'll either haver to swap out of a D44 out of a J10 or get a set of 8 lug to 6 lug wheel adaptors. Alos issue with that is, they will ad 1-2" of width to each side.

You can always call around to places like Ballistic Fab and see if they can make a set of rear D60 hubs that will be a 6 lug bolt pattern but I am unsure about what you will be able to do about brakes.

You could always sell those wheels off and buy a set of the same wheel but in the 8 lug version..... if they make them that is.

Comment

A FF rear cant be converted to 6 lug. the bolt pattern is too small to go around the hub. a d44 rear or a semi float 60 or 14 bolt are your only options.

Personally there is no rim thats cool enough for me to go down an axle size.

Comment

Originally posted by chief1ton View Post
          A FF rear cant be converted to 6 lug. the bolt pattern is too small to go around the hub. a d44 rear or a semi float 60 or 14 bolt are your only options.
          It can be converted... for a price:

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart...&idcategory=16

Comment

also, I'd recommend staying away from ballistic. Yeah, they have great parts, but their service has gone in the toilet and frequently they keep your money w/o shipping parts. You end up having to dispute the charges to get anything done.

Comment

I stand corrected that looks like new spindles that have to be welded on. And i second that. balistic has awesome products. but there service is seriously lacking. they take FOREVER to get it done...

As cool of an idea that is. i can't think of a good reason to spend that on it.

Also i wonder what those spindles and bearings are. D44s? will they still handle equal weight load to a D60?

Comment

Working...
              X