Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a QT on Sat.

Hi All,

Going to get a QT on Sat. To check the chain and Sun gear I can just bring a 6" machinist scale, a wrench and my eye glasses? The guy says it's from a Jeep Chief with 57,600 miles. Of course I'm skeptical.

Thanks!

the biggest things with checking a used QT case are cones, chain and case itself. Will he let you disassemble to inspect? Make sure to check out Flint's QT page so you know what to look for.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac/index.htm

Comment

Buying a QT on Sat.

Thank you Sir, I will bring tools and a drain pan. I already paid for it on E bay, but I have his message saying the chain and gears are in great shape. We'll see how it goes. I read the article again as well.

Do you guys have chains, vacuum switches etc. still? I've got the FSJ bug bad. Hopefully money for it will start coming back soon. Also, the gauges all work so should I worry about the ammeter right now or just fix what's broken?

Again, many thanks.

Comment

yes, we carry chains and an updated dash vacuum switch, etc. On the ammeter, I choose to bypass them immediately as you never know when they are going to fail.

Comment

Working...
        X