X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amc 360 turbo 400 broken flexplates

Okay, first let it be known that I am an ASE certified mechanic. I have a 78 j10 with the stick 78 th-400 the engine is an amc 360 from the mid 80's it has been completely rebuilt with a machined and balanced 78 360 crankshaft. My question is have any of you had problems with a broken flexplate. I have had a multitude. We have swapped transmissions. And it still breaks. The mid 80's 360 did have extensive end play. This is why it now has a balanced 78 crankshaft all within spec. The transmission had been rebuilt. However, swapping and still breaking leads me to believe that it isn't transmission related.
    At this Point having just broken flexplate number 10 I'm reaching out for more info. I have measured and replaced very out if spec component but its still happening. They break from as short as two months to this last one lasted two years. I don't tow or haul heavy loads.

Thanks Ryan for helping me to find the problem! I have never found any information on the pilot bearing for th400 I have tracked one down through Novak!

Comment

glad to help, and was hoping you saw the email

Comment

Working...
      X