Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I will keep my eyes open as I just bought a 78 WT cherokee with a built 401 in it today had a 4 inch lift Part time kit and the motor was built by a guy that used to build engines for NASCAR, nice cam balanced and polished crankand carb with 10:1 comp. An good tires, $ 1200 what a great deal and the original owner!

Comment

the banging and popping usually is indicative of e-drive, but could be other things. If you have the right type and amount of fluid, then try driving backwards in a figure 8 on loose gravel or dirt and if it's stuck, that should pop it out. How was your chain slack? What did the inside of the case look like? Any metal shavings / aluminum sludgy goo?

Comment

I will try that, the chain is new and it had some sludgy stuff in it but no metal shavings.

Comment

also to check if your in edrive.... wait till it rains and go to a slippery hill. drive up in a manner that you do not want to make it up the hill but you want to spin. Then back up an if you have two divets (one front one back) your stuck in edrive. Mine was left front and right rear

Comment

Working...
          X