X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 727 without reverse after tranny service

Tranny was acting up in my 82 wag, slipping a little. Changed the filter and fluid. worked fine for one drive. It was parked for a couple days then went to move it out of the garage and there is no reverse. I still have all other gears. Im sure this subject has come up. Just cant figure out why after parking it again for a few days the reverse is gone. Plenty of fluid, next step check the bands?

Rear band broken??

Comment

Or the band fell off of its keeper..

Comment

Would I still have 1st gear if the band was broken or slipped off its keeper? If Im understanding what I have read about the transmission reverse and low use the same band

Comment

first (low) is the same band as reverse from what we've found, so if you lose reverse, you should also have lost first. But without getting into the trans, you won't know for sure what is wrong.

Comment

Well I know what is wrong after dropping the pan again yesterday. The piston on the reverse/low servo is in pieces. Kinda rare from what Ive read but some mopar sites but has been known to happen. I guess the piston gets worn and gets wedged sideways in the housing and something has to give. Oh well old cars sure are fun, bummer is this wag is my daily driver, I have my camping /hunting wag for backup. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X