Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do they make sway bars for 75 Cherokee?

I have a 1975 Cherokee and a 1980 Cherokee. The 80 model has a front sway bar and is steady as a rock. My 1975 has none and roams when I hit a bump or steer. My question is: Do they make sway bars for the 75 model? I also have a 76 model that has springs over the front shocks which my 75 don't have. If they don't make sway bars for the 75, can I buy some shocks that will stop the roaming or maybe add the springs from my 76 over new shocks on my 75. Thanks, Jeff
    Last edited by woody22cc; 03-18-2013, 12:23 PM.

others have scavenged the parts off another full size jeep and installed it on theirs, so you could probably do the same. Do your spring plates have the mounting stud? If not, you'll need to get those and install as well. Also, consider adding on a steering stabilizer shock as that will help with the bump-steer. The swaybar is more for controlling body-roll, whereas the hitting a bump and the steering jerking is due to not having a stabilizer shock for the front steering:
    http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-362.htm

Comment

Okay, I have a new steering stabilizer (Rancho) that I bought from BJS a few weekd ago. Maybe I didn't install correct. I measured the sway bar and frame on my 80 model. I could make that work. Will a sway bar off an old chev. work?

Comment

I don't think the chevy swaybar will match up, it will need to be from a full size jeep.

Comment

Working...
        X