Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension rebuild

Hello

I have just about freed my frame up for blasting and want to rebuild the suspension with a 4in BDS as I read opinions in a previous thread that they have the best ride. Right now the truck has a SOA on the front but no perch on the drivers side. I would need to flip the springs again and install the new 4in. On the back it looks like a shackle extension welded on so no problem putting the springs back to where they should be. I don't want 7 inches of lift. 20 years ago for sure but not now. What do I need to make this right?
    I'm not 100% on what it looked like stock but have a pretty good idea.
    Attached Files

It appears everything is still there. For the front it looks like they were able to remove the driver spring perch and weld it back on. So. you should be able to do the same. It needs to be relocated back to the bottom of the axle tube. The rear seems to be all there. the shackle hanger needs to be put in from the top. and the front of the spring needs to go back into the very top hole in the box on the frame. there are some tabs welded on the hanger box on the back perch that could cause some interference with the shackle.

Comment

That's good. I will cut those tabs away and I'm glad you said top hole in the box frame because I was meaning to ask that one. the shackle hanger in from the top I would have missed but ya that makes sense. I can just buy the 4 in lift then and new shocks.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X