X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which 4" Lift setup will give me the smoothest ride

I am looking to put a new 4" lift on my 86 longbox J10. Leaning towards Bj's all spring kit because of price. If the main criteria before brand or price is the smoothest ride. which will work the best and with which shock.

I have ridden in the 3 we carry and here is the order I would put them in:

Best Riding: BDS

Next Best: BJ's Off-Road

Last Best: Skyjacker

That being said, the ride in the BDS to BJ's was very similar. I wish I could have swapped shocks to see if that was the difference but was not able to.

The Skyjacker has a nice ride but I rode in one that has rear blocks (we don't sell rear block kits) and it was older and it didn't ride the greatest but it was worn out. I don't know how old it was but just thought I would give you my experience with it.

You really can't go wrong with any of them...

Comment

the other thing to note is that there are some kits out there that are bouncy as hell, and are kidney killers. We refrained from carrying those kits due to their harsh ride, and selected the ones we DO carry based on quality and comfort level when broken in.

Comment

Any suggestions on shocks for the smoothest ride

Comment

the bilsteins are the best ride, but they do cost the most. After that, the adjustable rancho rs9000's are next, then the procomp es9000's

Comment

Working...
          X