X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-steer kit on an axle swap..

Guys, I have a set of built D44's from a late GW. I am planning a SOA install into my YJ with near-stock springs. I am leaning toward your cross-steer kit, but am questioning whether the drag link is going to be a workable length or will I just have to get another one made anyhow?

The jeeps (my YJ and my GW) are not touchable for me right now, so I have not gotten measurements. I will work on that when I get back to where they are. Trying to collect parts so can do the whole shabang at one time..

The springs perchs have to come in 1/2" on each side from where they are for a NT FSJ. Trying to do the geometry in my little brain tells me that the distance from the pitman arm to the passenger side hub should be about 1/2" shorter than on an FSJ. Is there enough adjustment in the drag link from the kit to work with that? I am also wondering if a stock FSJ drag link might do the trick. I am running <2" spring lift with the SOA.

Thanks for all the help!
    Bryan

I don't know this measurement for sure. But, I think you are right about the box most likely being in a 1/2" from the FSJ box. I think you should be ok, but unfortunately I do not know for sure.

Comment

Raising from the dead...

I am in Kansas at present. My YJ swap has been complete for awhile. My drag link is a combination of YJ and SJ, if I recall correctly. The tierod on the end that attached to the hub won't tighten down. I am guessing the guys that welded up the axles and installed for me modified and used the YJ drag link. Can you tell me what the correct tierod part number is for the drag link connecting to your cross-over?

Part number on mine is Moog Problem Solver 40306

Thanks!

Bryan
      Last edited by JPSwapMohn; 05-19-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

a quick search suggests that is a F150 style.

Comment

Working...
        X