Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any news from the manufacturer?

Comment

I don't know if this makes a difference, but stamped on the header flange is the part # 616Y-2 and the directions that I got with the headers were for 80-91 FSJ's and on my order invoice it says the part # is 616Y-C for the 71-79 headers.

Comment

Any response from the manufacturer yet? I was wondering about about putting these headers on a quadra-trac vehicle. How do you sneak the exhaust past the passenger side of the t-case? There is very limited clearance there. The factory pipe is flattened on each side to fit through and if you try to run a 3" pipe through there it isn't gonna fit. Has anyone else run the Doug Thorley's on a QT truck and what does your exhaust routing look like?

Comment

sorry, I thought brent handled this. When he gets back after the holidays, I'll follow up with him and DT and will get an answer.

Comment

Any news?

Comment

Any updates Ryan or Brent?

Comment

Ok, got a response from our vendor. He said it looks like the heat-riser version, but to be sure he needs you to check the box it came in and let us know what markings / notes / part numbers are listed. Also, if you can, he wants a measurement of the short leg of the y-pipe too so he can compare that to their sample and make sure it's correct. You can email this to me at ryan@bjsoffroad.com, you can post it here or you can send me a PM. He has both styles of y-pipe in stock, so we should be able to get you the correct one quickly once we get that info back. Thanks, and sorry for the delays.

Comment

Unfortunatley I don't have the box anymore. It has been quite a long time since I first started this post, but I will get you the measurements of the short section of the y-pipe.

Comment

the short leg is about 2 inches long

Comment

ok, I'll get that to the mfr and see what he says

Comment

ok. Thanks.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

our vendor looked at the picture and the measurement, and thinks it's all correct. We explained that we've never had this problem before, so he is going to check internally and see if someone changed the style or length of that tube without notifying him. Once he finds out for sure, he's going to call us back so we can see where we need to go from here. Can you measure from the outside of the y-pipe flange to the outside of the header flange, and let me know how wide that gap is?

Comment

Ok, the vendor confirmed that they did NOT change the fixture or style. We're pretty confused on this, as we've sold hundreds of these kits, and to my knowledge, this is the first one that doesn't fit in that spot. I'll speak to them again today and we'll see what the next step will be.

Comment

the gap is around 2 inches

Comment

Working...
                                X