X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Camshaft options

Hi, I am asking the advice of the many who have built their engines before me. The whole reason I want to build this engine because somewhere along the line while trying to get this thing running after sitting for so long the cylinders got scored from thinned out oil and so enter the rebuild. What camshafts do you recommend? I have a few that I have looked at but can't make up my mind. I am open to anything. With the build I also am planning to run Doug Thorley headers if I have enough left in my budget otherwise I go with the edelbrock ones instead and if all else fails the factory manifolds. Also an Edelbrock carb 600cfm, performer intake, flowkooler water pump and the oiling mod. I am still on the fence with going to roller rockers. I'm going to try to keep the cyl bore as close to stock as I can, I don't really want to bore it .030 over just yet but am open to it if you think it would help.

Lunati Voodoo
    Duration 262/268
    Valve Lift .507/.527
    LSA/ICL 112/108
    RPM range 1600-5800

Summit racing K8600
    Duration 272/282
    Valve Lift .472/.496
    LSA 112
    RPM range 1500-5000

Comp Cams magnum
    Duration 270/270
    Valve Lift .480/.480
    LSA/ICL 110/106
    RPM range 1800-5800

Ryan will pipe in soon (he's the expert on AMC engines) but I can tell you the top cam is too big and the summit cams have been plagued with issues. The comp cam looks pretty good but might be too large.

Comment

the K8600 is a good cam and what a bunch of folks run, but as Brent said there were some issues with it. We sell a similar cam by Comp, the 260H here:
      http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/...pid=1007&cid=3

That's what I would run in that engine combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
        Ryan will pipe in soon (he's the expert on AMC engines) but I can tell you the top cam is too big and the summit cams have been plagued with issues. The comp cam looks pretty good but might be too large.
        What do you mean by too big?

Comment

duration isn't bad, but that's a ton of lift

Comment

thanks for the advice. I'll probably go with the 260h comp cam off of your site.
            Last edited by lazyguy; 01-23-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X