X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Truck tail light gasket

Is there any plan to make available the tail lamp lens OUTER gaskets (black rubber-rolled edge) for '73-'88 J trucks? This is the large gasket that sits against the lens itself, and not the gasket (gray) that sits in the groove on the face of the aluminum housing.

You mean these:
    http://www.bjsoffroad.com/prod-1318.htm

?

Comment

Nope Ryan... I've just received the gasket kits (3) from you that you show in the above link here. No, as per my review of the item on that page, I am looking for the 'outer gasket'. The inner one is gray coloured and flat and comes with the screws in your kit. I am looking for the 'OUTER' gasket...the black one that fits around the outer flanged backside of the lens and rests against the body.

It is mostly flat but has a rounded/rolled edge also. They form the tight fit against the box body and the outer edge of the lens...just visible when you look at the lens closely. They commonly crack and are missing chunks.
      Last edited by dan01ster; 11-07-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Ryan...anything further to report ?

Comment

ah, you mean the gasket between the housing and the body, not the gasket between the lens and the housing. Right now, nobody is making the gasket between the housing and the body.

Comment

Ok...thanks Ryan.

Comment

Hello lads...in the ensuing 5 yrs, has there been any movement towards creating this gasket...?

Comment

Working...
              X