X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-10 bed swaping

Can all J truck beds for all years swap with each other excluding necessary changes like fuel and tailgate issues? I have a 75' J-10 with the 131" wheelbase and the 8ft long bed. What other years/model have this size bed and will be compatible with the 131 wheelbase? My current bed is rusting out on the sides and I know that i can get new sides but the rear corners where the lights are, are almost gone too and I just think that swapping another one on will be simpler. And I don't really want to flat bed it, I was hoping to restore this truck.

have found a 8ft bed rust free in Texas, but it is off of an '82 J-20. Will this bolt up to my '75 with the 8 ft bed?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyguy View Post
      have found a 8ft bed rust free in Texas, but it is off of an '82 J-20. Will this bolt up to my '75 with the 8 ft bed?
      I am in the process of going the other way, 87 truck, guessing 77 bed, only thing I've found so far is changing around some of the fuel filler hoses, and tank mounts.

Comment

Well if you can weld I don't see any problem. Also I thought only J-20s had the 8ft beds and the j-10 only had the 6ft beds.

Comment

J-10's came with an 8 ft bed if it had the 131" wheel base.

Comment

Any bed from a 74 or later J10 w/131" WB can be swapped on. There are a few differences like the wiring connectors used. But otherwise it should be very straight forward.

Comment

I finally got around to getting that '82 bed on my '75 and the only issues to report are that the front two bolt holes don't exactly line up with the frame holes. I don't know if an '82 J-20 has a slightly wider frame or what but the other six fit with little resistance. So I count it as a success.

Comment

Working...
              X