X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Rack Grommet and Screw Kit

Hello, Ryan, Brent and BJ's Off-Road team! I don't really have a question but I do have a suggestion. I just purchased your roof rack grommet and stainless screw set. May I say, what a great kit! All the parts needed in one kit. No more scrounging around Home Depot or the local hardware store to find maybe 3 or 4 grommets in the correct size (then the excuse, "Oh we'll be getting more in our next shipment", and then they never do...) but no screws with the correct size head for the rack. Installation of your kit was a breeze, with the exception of the rearmost two screws. The new longer screws in the kit are too long for the rear two holes in the roof because there is a metal lip directly below the holes. I remedied this by just using two of my old screws. Works great! My roof rack is now solid enough to grab and shake the whole vehicle. Awesome. So my suggestion would be to leave two of the screws in the kit the normal length to accommodate that rear body lip. Thanks for the great products and great work you all do! -Jonny B.
Working...
X